2019 Point Arena Fringe Festival Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 13
11AM – 6PM
ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR
Druids Hall, 140 Main 11:00-6:00
Anthony Rees JEWELRY, Kersten Tanner VINTAGE CLOTHING, Emilie Alsager MADRONA LEATHER, Emma Hurley NORTH COAST BRINE, Justin York POTTERY, Steve Main WOOD BOXES, Eric Wilder GREETING CARDS, Joel Kries ALBION NATURAL SOAP, Lena Bullamore ART, Wendy Ruddick JEWELRY/BASKETRY, Debbe Hull GLASS BEADS/JEWELRY, Amy Herman COASTAL CALI ORGANICS, Violet Wilder CLOTH BAGS, Joanne Leary JEWELRY/KNITS, Toni Saulls SUCCULENTS, Heather Webster UPCYCLE/EARRINGS/MAGNETS, Dorothea Winter SCARVES, Elissa Levin SEAGLASS/ABALONE JEWELRY, Astrid and Allan Hogle FARM PRODUCTS, Kylee’s Kandies TOFFEE & TURTLES/CHOCOLATES, Coast Community Library SEED SWAP
Starting at 11am in Centennial Plaza, next to Arena Theater
- 11:00-11:45 – Steve Oliff – renowned local artist and musician Steve Oliff strumming electrical, acoustic instrumentals in alternate tuning on guitar.
- 12:00-1:00 – Black Sugar Rose – At noon Black Sugar Rose, a heart filled duo of multi-instrumentalist Charlene Rowland and Todd Orenick on guitar take the stage. They revisit the acoustic sounds of country, bluegrass and Americana legends; singing songs of Love, Sex, Death and Dreaming; striving to remind everyone that music is medicine.
- 1:15-2:45 – Funkidactel – Next up, from 1:15 – 2:45, is the newly formed band Funkidactel. Featuring members of JJMuleKat, James (Purple) Hayes on bass and Jesse Hanna (The Manna) on drums, provide the smooth and groovy rhythmic back bone while Detroit Danny from Anthem plays blisteringly funky guitar.
- 3:00-3:45 – Middle Children – At 3:00 the working class weirdos from Point Arena, Middle Children, fill the streets with punk influenced, ethereal garage rock. Andreas Reik writes and sings the words while Nathan Hake delivers his scorching psychedelic guitar riffs. Todd Orenick on bass, and Trash Savickas on drums supply the thundering rhythms that will get the audience moving.
- 4:00-6:00 – RaWisdom – To round out the musical fun, at 4:00 RaWisdom is up, with Harlan Bailey as lead vocalist and lyricist, Sky Washick on guitar, Jimi Bove on bass and Zack Hayward on drums. These local favorites mix grunge, reggae and alternative music to deliver fast pace dance fun and tug-at-your heart heavy ballads.
Action Network, 200 Main
1:00-4:00 – Face painting, popcorn, bake sale, egg hunt, and jumpy house!
POP-UP LOCAL FOOD
General Store parking lot, 187 Main 11:00-6:00
BLUES ON THE COAST
Arena Theater, 214 Main Doors open at 7:00
JOE LOUIS WALKER
WIND & WHALE CELEBRATION
Point Arena Lighthouse 10:00-3:00
Berkeley Kite Wranglers
LOCAL MERCHANTS’ FRINGE EVENTS:
Coast Highway Artist Collective, 284 Main 12:00-6:00
New and unusual works by Collective members and guest artists. Suzan Friedland, watercolors and ink on paper; Margaret Lindgren, oil paints; Paula Haymond, sculptures; Wendy Reiswig Bailey, ball- jointed dolls; and Doric Jemison-Ball, ceramics. Entertainment by Brut and Blush with Eric and Leslie Dahlhoff begins at 1 p.m. Wine, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
NICOLE PONSLER SIDEWALK MURAL
Bird Café & Supper Club, 190 Main Starting at 12:00
OF MOTORCYCLE COLLECTING
The Zen House, 170 Main
1:00-3:00 – Peter Richardson. View exceedingly rare and collectible motorcycles, and connect with award winning collector Peter Richardson, while enjoying a 20% discount on all Protective Gear and Zen Logo Merchandise.
HANA HOU UKULELE
Coast Community Library, 225 Main
MADELINE KIBBE ART
Arena Market & Café, 185 Main Reception, 5:00-7:00
Samples of selected foods throughout the day.
ROOTS HERBAL APOTHECARY
Shop 15% off all day (10:00-5:00) with a focus on handmade and locally made items.
POINT ARENA CAFÉ
Open until 6:00 with special Fringe dinner menu.